New Jersey Jersey Cash 5
Prizes and Odds
|5||Jackpot*||1 in 1,221,759|
|4||$500*||1 in 6,109|
|3||$15*||1 in 157|
Overall odds of winning a prize in Jersey Cash 5 are 1 in 153.
*All prizes are pari-mutuel, so the amount can vary.
*Prizes are pari-mutuel, so the amount can vary.
|Odds||5 in 11||3 in 11||2 in 11||1 in 11|
Overall odds of winning a prize in the XTRA draw are 1 in 11.
Instant Match Prizes and Odds
|$500||1 in 75,000|
|$100||1 in 25,000|
|$50||1 in 2,000|
|$20||1 in 200|
|$10||1 in 65|
|$5||1 in 37|
|$2||1 in 10|
Overall odds of winning a prize in Instant Match are 1 in 7.
|Draw Time||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.||10:57 p.m.|
|Sales Stop||10:53 p.m.||10:53 p.m.||10:53 p.m.||10:53 p.m.||10:53 p.m.||10:53 p.m.||10:53 p.m.|
All times are in New Jersey local time.
Things to Know
- The jackpot starts at $100,000 and rolls over until someone wins it.
- Instant Match offers a chance at instant prizes. If your Instant Match number matches any of your selected five numbers, you win the amount shown on the card.
- All Jersey Cash 5 prizes, and the match 4 and match 3 XTRA prizes are pari-mutuel. This means a percentage of ticket sales is allocated to each prize category, so the prizes can vary every draw.
- XTRA multiplies any non-jackpot prizes.
- In XTRA matching just two numbers will also get you a prize.
- The jackpot in this game is always paid out as a lump sum.
- All Jersey Cash 5 and XTRA prizes are estimated based on odds, sales and number of winners.
- The same numbers can be played for up to 21 consecutive draws.
How to Play
- Pick five numbers from 1 to 45. For random numbers, select Quick Pick.
- Select XTRA for a chance to multiply any non-jackpot winnings.
- Pick if you want to play the same numbers in multiple consecutive draws (up to 21).
- Mark Instant Match for a chance to win instant prizes.
- After the draw, check if you’ve won.
- $1 per play.
- $1 to add XTRA.
- $1 to add Instant Match.
When are Cash 5 draws held?
Every night at 10:57 p.m.
How do you play Cash 5?
Pick five numbers between 1 and 45. Add options for $1 each: XTRA and Instant Match. Check to see if you’ve won.
How does XTRA work?
The XTRA number will multiply your non-jackpot winnings between two and five times, depending on the multiplier number drawn.
How are prizes paid out?
All Jersey Cash 5 prizes are paid out in a single payment (or in one lump sum, or paid out all at once).
What are the chances of winning the jackpot?
Players have a 1 in 1,221,759 chance of winning the jackpot in Cash 5.
What are the overall odds of winning in this game?
The overall odds of winning any prize in Cash 5 are 1 in 153. If you played XTRA the chances of winning a prize are 1 in 11, as for winning with Instant Win you have 1 in 7 chances.
How many matching numbers do you need to win a prize?
You need at least three matching numbers to win a prize. If you added XTRA to your ticket you need at least two matching numbers.
How many prize categories does the game have?
The main draw has three prize categories. The XTRA option offers three prize categories with different prizes based on the drawn multiplier. Instant Match offers seven potential prizes if you match at least one of the numbers printed on your ticket. More numbers matched means more Instant Win prizes.
Do you have more New Jersey Cash 5 questions? Contact us, and we’d love to help you out.