Prize and Odds
|2 Red + 2 White||$22,000 Top Prize||$44,000 Top Prize||1 in 105,625|
|2 Red + 1 White||$100||$200||1 in 2,200.5|
|1 Red + 2 White||$100||$200||1 in 2,200.5|
|2 Red||$3||$6||1 in 382.7|
|2 White||$3||$6||1 in 382.7|
|1 Red + 1 White||$3||$6||1 in 45.8|
|1 Red||Free Ticket||2 Free Tickets||1 in 8|
|1 White||Free Ticket||2 Free Tickets||1 in 8|
Overall odds of winning a prize in 2by2 are 1 in 3.59.
|Draw Time||9:30 p.m. CT||9:30 p.m. CT||9:30 p.m. CT||9:30 p.m. CT||9:30 p.m. CT||9:30 p.m. CT||9:30 p.m. CT|
|Sales Stop||Varies by jurisdiction|
Things to Know
- The 2by2 game originated in Kansas and Nebraska in 2002. North Dakota joined in 2006.
- Not to be confused with the Arizona-only game, also known as 2by2, that ran between 2009 and 2014.
- All the prizes double on Tuesdays but only for those with multi-draw tickets for seven consecutive draws.
- There is a limit of 10 top prize winners per day. If there are more than 10 winners, the top prize will be awarded on a pari-mutuel basis.
- Players win Quick Pick plays by matching one red or one white ball.
How to Play
- Pick two red numbers from 1 to 26.
- Pick two white numbers from 1 to 26.
- Check if you’ve won.
- $1 per play.
This table shows the maximum number of advanced draw purchases permitted in each participating state for 2by2.
|Kansas||up to 28|
|Nebraska||up to 28|
|North Dakota||up to 42|
The 2by2 game was launched by the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL) in Kansas and Nebraska in 2002, with North Dakota joining in 2006. The game is played seven nights a week, Monday through Sunday, and is conducted by the MUSL.
- June 2002
- 2by2 was launched as a new MUSL game in Kansas and Nebraska.
- February 2006
- North Dakota joined the game.
- February 2018
- Top prize increased from $20,000 to $22,000.
- The 2by2 Tuesday feature was added.
When are 2by2 draws held?
Draws are held every day at 9:30 p.m. CT.
How do I play the game?
Pick two red numbers and two white numbers from 1 to 26.
What is the 2by2 Tuesday feature?
If you buy a ticket for at least seven consecutive draws, any prizes won on a Tuesday will double.
In which states can I play 2by2?
You can play 2by2 in Kansas, Nebraska, and North Dakota.
How many prize categories does 2by2 have?
There are a total of eight prize categories.
What is the top prize?
The top prize you can win in 2by2 is $44,000.
What’s the smallest prize?
If you match just one ball, you win a free ticket.
What are the odds of winning the top prize?
You have a 1 in 105,625 chance of winning the top prize.
What are the odds of winning any prize?
You have a 1 in 3.59 chance of winning any prize.
Do you have more 2by2 questions? Contact us, we’d love to help you out.