If you have any questions about your privacy on our website, or our use of your personal data, please Contact Us.
Please note that links from our website may take you to external websites which are not covered by this policy. We recommend that you read their privacy policies before submitting any personal information to such sites. We will not be responsible for the content, function or information collection policies of these external websites.
What information do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
You are not required (by law or by any contract with us) to provide personal information to us via this website. We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service at your request.
Information you provide to us
We may receive personal information about you whenever you Contact Us. For example, by doing the following:
- Contacting us through the enquiry form on our website or emailing us
- Enquiring about lottery games and results
- Using and browsing our website
- Telephoning, texting, writing by post or emailing us
- Signing up to our mailing list
This information may include the following:
- Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and title, email address, telephone number and IP address
- Information relevant to your use of our site and services, such as your marketing preferences, survey responses and feedback
Information we collect about you on our website
When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
- Which pages you view and which links you follow
- Your IP address and general location
- Details of the hardware and software that you are using to access the site
- A device identifier (cookie or IP address)
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Information we collect about you from other sources
Sometimes you will have given your consent for other websites, services or third parties to provide information to us. We may collect information about you from other sources. This may include the following:
- Publicly available information, including what you share on social media
- Information about your marketing and advertising preferences
- Information about your browsing habits (see our Cookies Policy)
This list is not exhaustive, and, in some instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy.
How do we use your personal information?
We take data protection law seriously, so below we have set out exactly how and why we use your information, and what our legal basis is to be able to use your information in each way.
Providing our services
It is necessary for us to use personal information about you to operate our website and provide the services that we offer. Using your information in this context is necessary so that we can:
- Keep you up to date with lottery games and results
- Respond to your enquiries
- Let you know about important changes to our business or policies
- Administer our website, including troubleshooting problems, analyzing statistics, conducting research and tests and keeping the site secure
Telling you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you
We may use your information to identify and tell you about our products or services that we think may be of interest to you. We will only do this where you have informed us that you would like to receive marketing communications. Depending on how you engage with us, we may contact you by email, SMS or by push notifications to your browser or device.
Whether you choose to receive marketing communications, or market research communications is entirely up to you. You can choose to receive both, none, or just one or the other. Your choice will not affect the services that we offer to you, nor will it affect any services we provide to you in the future.
You can update your preferences by using the links in any of our emails to you.
We understand that not everyone wants to see targeted adverts, so we will advise you when you first visit our website the types of cookies we use and if you consent to their use. However, please bear in mind that if you don't allow us to use certain cookies it may prevent you from accessing parts of our website or result in a loss of functionality which degrades your experience of the website. You will still see adverts, but they will not necessarily be relevant to you.
Making our business better
We always want to offer the best service and experience that we can. Sometimes this means we may use your information to find ways that we can improve what we do, or how we do it.
In this context, we will only use your information where it is necessary so that we can:
- Review and improve our existing services and develop new ones
- Review and improve the performance of our systems, processes and staff
- Improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
Verifying your identity
We may use your information where it is necessary for us to do so in order to meet our legal obligations or to detect and prevent fraud, money-laundering and other crimes.
Protecting you and others from harm
We may use your information where it is necessary to protect your interests, or the interests of others. This may include in the event of criminality such as identity theft, piracy or fraud.
What's our legal basis for using your information?
We use the information set out above where:
- it is necessary in order for us to pursue our legitimate interests (or those of third parties) where our interest is not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- it is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations; or
- we have your consent to use your personal data for specified purposes.
The legal bases that we will rely on to process your personal data, for the purposes set out above, are set out in the table below.
|Pursue Legitimate Interests||Comply With Legal Obligations||Your consent|
|Operating our website and providing our services||✔|
|To interact and respond to any communications you send us, including social media posts that you tag us in||✔|
|To review and improve the performance of our systems, processes and staff (including training)||✔|
|Making repairs, alterations and improvements to our website||✔||✔|
|Letting you know about any important changes to our website or policies||✔||✔|
|Letting you know about any similar products or services which we think may be of interest to you||✔|
|Personalizing the adverts that we show to you on our website (including profiling)||✔||✔|
|Sending push notifications to your browser or device||✔|
|Verifying your identity||✔||✔|
|Dealing with any complaints you may have||✔|
|To detect and prevent fraud, money-laundering and other crimes||✔|
|To ensure that the information that we hold about you is accurate and up to date||✔|
|To protect your interests, or the interests of others (such as in the event of criminality such as identity theft, piracy or fraud)||✔||✔|
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Sharing your information within our company and group
We share the information that you provide to us with our staff so that we can run our website and provide our services to you. We may share the information that you provide to us with other websites that we operate.
Sharing your information with third parties
We may share your data with selected third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Internet hosting providers to host the website, related infrastructure, services and applications
- Contact management systems to send emails, instant messages, push notifications, social media messages and SMS messages
- Advertising partners to help display adverts that are relevant to you
Where we transfer your data to entities which are based in the USA, we confirm that such entities are part of the Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the USA. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
There are certain exceptional circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties. This would be where we believe that the disclosure is:
- Required by the law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal or regulatory proceedings
- Necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public
- Necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organizations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction
- Proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale, in the event that this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only store your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. Where we provide you with any service, we will retain any information you provide to us at least for as long as we continue to provide that service to you.
If we rely on your consent to use your personal data, such as in connection with marketing or advertising, we may keep your personal data until you withdraw your consent.
In all other circumstances, we will keep your information for a reasonable amount of time. This period of time will be dictated by the nature of the data and how it relates to offering you the best service we can.
How do we protect your personal information?
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
We try to ensure that all information you provide to us is transferred securely via the website (always check for the padlock symbol and "https" at the beginning of the URL). Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
All information you provide to us is stored on third party secure servers hosted with the Google Cloud Platform, which is owned by Google LLC.
What rights do you have in respect of your personal information?
You have the right to be informed
We have a legal obligation to provide you with concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible information about your personal information and our use of it. We have written this policy to do just that, but if you have any questions or require more specific information, please Contact Us.
You have the right to access your personal data
You have the right to ask us to confirm whether or not we hold any of your personal information. If we do, you have the right to have a copy of your information and to be informed of the following:
- Why we have been using your information
- What categories of information we were using
- Who we have shared the information with
- How long we envisage holding your information
In order to maintain the security of your information, we will have to verify your identity before we provide you with a copy of the information we hold.
The first copy of your information that you request from us will be provided free of charge, if you require further copies within a short period of time we may charge an administrative fee to cover our costs.
You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data
Where you have requested a copy of the information we hold about you, you may notice that there are inaccuracies in the records, or that certain parts are incomplete. If this is the case, you can Contact Us so that we can correct our records.
You have the right to be forgotten
There may be times where it is no longer necessary for us to hold personal information about you. This could be if:
- The information is no longer needed for the original purpose that we collected it for
- You withdraw your consent for us to use the information (and we have no other legal reason to keep using it)
- You object to us using your information and we have no overriding reason to keep using it
- We have used your information unlawfully
- We are subject to a legal requirement to delete your information
In those situations, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. If you believe one of these situations applies to you, please get in touch using our website.
You have the right to have a copy of your data transferred to you or a third party in a compatible format
Also known as data portability, you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data for your own purposes. This right allows you to move, copy or transfer your personal data more easily from one IT system to another, in a safe and secure way.
If you would like us to transfer a copy of your data to you or another organization in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, please Contact Us. There is no charge for you exercising this right.
You have the right to object to direct marketing
You can tell us at any time that you would prefer that we do not use your information for direct marketing purposes. If you would not like to receive any direct marketing from us, please Contact Us or use the links provided in any of our marketing communications, and we will stop sending direct marketing immediately.
You have the right to object to us using your information for our legitimate interests
Sometimes, we use your personal information to pursue our own legitimate interests. We aim to always ensure that your rights and information are properly protected. If you believe that the way we are using your data is not justified due to its impact on you or your rights, you have the right to object. Unless we have a compelling reason to continue, we must stop using your personal data for these purposes.
In order to exercise your right to object to our use of your data for the purposes above, please Contact Us.
You have the right to restrict how we use your personal data
You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data in any way other than simply keeping a copy of it. This right is available where:
- You have informed us that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, and we have not yet been able to verify this
- You have objected to us using your information for our own legitimate interests and we are in the process of considering your objection
- We have used your information in an unlawful way, but you do not want us to delete your data
- We no longer need to use the information, but you need it for a legal claim
If you believe any of these situations apply, please Contact Us.
You have rights related to automated decision-making and profiling
We and our advertising partners carry out automated decision-making to personalize the adverts that we show to you on our website. This involves "profiling" or creating a profile of you and your browsing habits based on the websites that you visit which participate in the advertising networks. This profile is not linked to your name or other personal details, but to a unique ID that each website gives your browser.
You have the right not to be subject to decisions which will have a legal effect upon you or otherwise significantly affect you based on automated decision making.
If you have any concerns or questions about this right, please Contact Us.
Legal Information and how to reach us
We, Lotto Logic Limited (company number 07316451), based at 30 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1Y 2AB, are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Bill, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other data protection legislation applicable in the UK from time to time. You can email us at email@example.com.
If you wish to make a complaint about our collection or use of your personal data, please Contact Us in the first instance so that we may seek to resolve your complaint.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in your territory or jurisdiction. As Lotto Logic is based in the UK, you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the statutory body which oversees data protection law in the UK. If you wish to make a complaint to the ICO, please visit the ICO website, or you can find more information about the relevant authorities in other jurisdictions here.
This version was last updated on 13 February 2020. If you wish to see historic versions of this policy, please Contact Us.