Prizes and Odds
|6||Jackpot||1 in 20,358,520|
|5 + Extra Shot||*$50,000||1 in 1,844,069|
|5||*$2,000||1 in 73,763|
|4 + Extra Shot||*$1,250||1 in 32,783|
|4||*$50||1 in 1,311|
|3 + Extra Shot||$125||1 in 1,676|
|3||$5||1 in 67|
|2 + Extra Shot||$25||1 in 208|
|2||$1||1 in 8.32|
|1 + Extra Shot||$10||1 in 62|
|0 + Extra Shot||$5||1 in 54|
Overall odds for winning a prize in Lotto are 1 in 7.36.
Overall odds for winning a prize with Extra Shot are 1 in 5.68.
|Draw Time||9:22 p.m.||9:22 p.m.||9:22 p.m.|
|Sales Stop||9:15 p.m.||9:15 p.m.||9:15 p.m.|
All times are in Illinois local time.
Things to Know
- The jackpot starts at $2 million.
- Tickets may be purchased for $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9, or $10.
- The following prize categories are pari-mutuel: match 5 + Extra Shot, match 5, match 4 + Extra Shot, and match 4.
- These prize categories are fixed: match 3 + Extra Shot, match 3, match 2 + Extra Shot, match 2, match 1 + Extra Shot, and match just the Extra Shot.
- You can play in up to 15 drawings by marking your choice on the ticket, or up to 25 drawings by speaking with your retailer.
- The Extra Shot is a number from 1 to 25, randomly selected.
- Extra Shot gives you an extra number for a chance at additional prizes.
- You can also purchase a subscription online to play your numbers in future draws for up to 12 months.
How to Play
- Pick six numbers from 1 to 52, or select Quick Pick for random numbers.
- Add the Extra Shot option for an additional random number to play.
- To enter multiple draws, speak with your retailer.
- After the draw, check if you’ve won.
- $1 per play.
- $1 to add Extra Shot.
How do you play the Illinois Lotto?
Pick six numbers between 1 and 52, or choose Quick Pick. You can also add the Extra Shot option.
When are the winning numbers drawn?
Draws are held Monday, Thursday, and Saturday at 9:22 p.m.
How does the Extra Shot option work?
If you choose Extra Shot, you get an additional random number between 1 and 25, increasing your shot at non-jackpot prizes.
What are the overall odds of winning the Illinois Lotto?
The overall odds of winning a prize in the Lotto game without the Extra Shot option are 1 in 7.36. If the Extra Shot option is added to the ticket the odds of winning a prize are 1 in 5.68.
How many matching numbers are needed to win a prize?
In the regular draw, you need at least two matching numbers. With Extra Shot, you can win $5 if you only match the Extra Shot number.
What is the minimum jackpot?
The jackpot starts at $2 million and increases until someone wins.
What are my payout options?
Jackpot winners can choose the cash option to receive their prize all at once, or go with the annuity option for annual payments over 30 years.
How many prize categories does the Illinois Lotto have?
The main draw has five prize categories and Extra Shot adds six more.
Do you have more Illinois Lotto questions? Contact us, and we’d love to help you out.