Lucky lottery player K. Anthony of Harrell recently traveled to the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery Claim Center to collect her $100,000 Powerball prize money.
She purchased the winning ticket for the January 29 drawing using the Jackpocket lottery app. The winning numbers were 39, 41, 43, 49, 64, and Powerball number 4.
Usually, K. only plays the lottery one or two times each month. On this occasion, she was inspired to break her routine after hearing a church sermon that discussed thanking God for good things that were on the way. She chose a Quick Pick ticket and was thankful she matched five out of the six winning numbers.
In an interview with the Arkansas Lottery, she said she had avoided the congratulatory calls from Jackpocket because she believed them to be a scam.
I didn't even know I'd won.
Two days later, she finally spoke to the Jackpocket caller and couldn't have been more excited. She said:
I couldn't even sleep a wink last night.
K. initially won a $50,000 prize, but because she added the Power Play to her ticket for an extra dollar, her prize was doubled. Though she's had lottery wins with different games, this is her biggest yet. She intends to use her prize to remodel her home, take a family vacation, and save the rest of the money.
Jackpocket is a lottery app that allows you to play state lottery games on your smartphone wherever you are. As well as Arkansas, the app is available in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Texas, Washington DC, and West Virginia. You can download the app for Android or iOS and also add it to your computer desktop.
Using an app to play lottery games has several benefits, including:
- Convenience: You can play the lottery at any time, wherever you are.
- Security: All your online payments are securely encrypted, so you don't have to worry about ID theft.
- Control: You can see all your tickets in one place, and you never have to worry about losing them.
- Alerts: You get quick notifications if you are a winner. You also get alerts about special offers and new games.
- More ways to win: The app gives you access to exclusive games and instantly enters your online non-winning tickets to applicable second chance drawings.
How the Lottery helps Arkansas
The Arkansas Lottery was launched in 2009. Since then, it has contributed more than $1.3 billion to education, awarding over 720,000 college scholarships to students throughout the state. The Bear State Lottery has also awarded more than $4.8 billion in prizes to players.